Service Ministry Overview
Do you find fulfillment in helping others find justice?
Are you committed to making life better for others?
Do you feel called to improve the environment?
Check out the programs of the SERVICE Ministry!
Countryside’s covenant includes our aspiration as a congregation to unite… to promote human dignity… through service. The Service Ministry is the home for committees and groups who are dedicated to living our UU values, through support of our members and through action beyond our four walls. There are opportunities to engage in congregational projects, programs, and events that support the life of our congregation. We also actively seek to reach beyond the walls of Countryside through work in the areas of human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice.
It is the vision of the Service Ministry that every member of Countryside Church will engage in meaningful service projects or activities, both within the church and reaching outside our four walls.
The committees and programs that are part of Service Ministry include:
• Social Action (Mike Graves, Dan Yokas)
• Faith in Action (Service Learning for Children-Youth) (Dr. Mary Lamb Shelden)
• Green Sanctuary (Mark Krivchenia)
• Living the Welcoming Congregation (Tracy Boland, Jeanie Michalec, Dan Yokas)
• Lay and Care Ministry (Ken Bobbe)
• Outreach Steering Committee (Janet McDonnell)
• Fair Trade Coffee Sundays (Yvette Johnson, Jennifer Yeaman)
• Countryside Animal Friends (not currently an active group; if you have interest in getting it going, contact Rev. Hilary or the Board Vice President)