Information and Links provided by Faith in Place
Why it matters:
Link between pollution, environmental justice communities, and the increase of COVID cases and deaths:
- One out of Six deaths worldwide are caused from pollution – World Health Organization
Climate change is real, here now and getting worse, caused by humans, we have the solutions we need right now, and hope is abundant as solutions are being implemented across the globe.
How will you take action to fight pollution and climate change?
Easy solutions you can do right now!
Solar Options – Free, Discounted, and Community Solar
Illinois Solar for All – 100% Free Solar
- Renters and owners at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) are eligible for ILSFA.
- If you participate in one or more of the following programs, you automatically qualify for ILSFA:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Illinois Housing Weatherization Assistance Program (IHWAP)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Project-Based Vouchers
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Project-Based Rental Assistance
- Income-Eligible Multifamily Energy Efficiency Programs
- Tax-Subsidized Multifamily Programs
- Illinois Affordable Housing Act
Discounted Solar – Illinois Shines
Community Solar – Everyone should enroll right now! – There are no fees. You do not have the solar on your property, it saves you money, and your electricity comes 100% from solar!
Energy Efficiency – Very Easy to Do Right Now! – Save $Money$ and Lower Your Pollution!
Get Free Energy Efficiency Products from ComEd & Other Free Programs!
- Free Home Assessment and Free Energy Savings Products:
- Peak Time Savings – Earn a Bill Credit by using less energy on peak usage days:
- Time of Day Pricing – Save money by shifting your high energy usage to off peak times:
Learn about your carbon footprint and how to reduce it:
CUB’s Guide of home savings via energy efficiency:
Have a Greater Impact at your House of Worship and Community! Join your House of Worship Green Team! Countryside’s Green Sanctuary Team meets the 2nd Sunday of the month at 11:30 am. For more info, go to https://ccuu.org/green-sanctuary/ or email the team leads at GreenSanctuary@ccuu.org.