Time & Talent Auction
TIME AND TALENT AUCTION SUCCESS
These are trying times for many people, but Countryside is making a difference in people’s lives every day in our own small corner of the world. Thanks to your donations and purchases, the 2017 Time & Talent Auction raised $32,000 in NET profits. That money goes directly to those in need, including, for example:
- Providing monthly CTA passes to help immigrants travel to and from work and school
- Funding health and wellness classes and after-school crafts to lower-income residents of Palatine
- Doubling the value of Link and SNAP benefits at winter farmer’s markets
Some of the money we raise goes directly to Countryside, as well, helping to cover large capital expenditures for maintaining our beautiful building and to pay our share of dues to the Unitarian Universalist Association.
We applaud auctioneer Deb Quentel along with My Improv Buddies for the evening’s entertainment and the many volunteers who helped with set-up and clean-up.
It’s been a tremendous honor to serve alongside our many cheerful committee members. We are retiring as Chairs this year, but we are happy to train our replacements! Anyone interested please contact Mike Graves, email firstname.lastname@example.org or talk with us.
…Linda Berry and Laura Mandell
Countryside Church UU’s Annual Time & Talent Auction will be held on Nov 18, 2017
An evening of celebration and fundraising is planned for all of Rome (Countryside) to enjoy on the eighteenth day in the eleventh month between the hills of Palatine and Barrington. (That is Saturday the 18th of November for those of you in the 21st century). As you wander the agora, you will find a marketplace of goods and services. You will hear public speeches and a live auction. When you finally arrive at the forum you will dine on succulent food and drink nectar from the gods. And as with any public exhibition, you never know what will happen. An emperor awarding another seat in the senate? A gladiator fighting for his life? A triumphal procession of recent conquest? Come join us to find out!
“In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Through Countryside’s relationships with our three service partners, together we are making a difference in people’s lives. Each and every day:
- ICDI helps alleviate the suffering of adults and children affected by our broken and inhumane immigration system.
- POC connects underserved residents in the Palatine area to services and resources — from language skills to after-school projects to a community garden
- Faith in Place empowers Illinois people of all faiths to be leaders in caring for the Earth
Here’s how you can get involved:
- The Time, Talent, & Trivia Auction is Saturday, Nov. 18 at 6 pm. Funds raised during the Live and Silent Auction directly support these partners, as well as Countryside. Countryside’s generous and talented congregants have offered lots of tempting workshops and parties, homemade treats and personal services. See the complete list of Live and Silent Auction items here and get started on your shopping list!
- We have lots of Party Signups and Excursions this year. As space allows, we will sell these at coffee hour on Sunday, Nov. 19.
- Raise the Paddle donations can be made at any time. See the options in the Auction booklet linked above, and simply send a check to Countryside designating the recipient.
We are nurturing our own community as well. Net proceeds of the ticket sales will go to Countryside’s Operating Budget, and there are two Raise the Paddle opportunities in the Live Auction.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.