Ten Good Reasons for for Joining a Unitarian Universalist Congregation
- Because here we join with open hearts and minds to worship together, seeking what is sacred among us.
- Because here we are part of a long, liberal tradition of reason and tolerance, of hope and liberation.
- Because here we honor our Jewish and Christian roots, and also reach out to know the great truths found in other religious expressions
- Because here we acknowledge that revelation is never sealed and we empower ourselves to search for new truths.
- Because here we nurture our children’s enthusiasm and encourage their questions.
- Because here we welcome diverse people and views.
- Because here we join our strength with others to create a more just society.
- Because here we respect the whole self–mind, body and spirit working together.
- Because here we encourage each other to be true to ourselves.
- Because here we build a supportive community that eases our loneliness and opens our hearts.
Written by Bill and Barbara Hamilton-Holway and Mark Harris ©1995 Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations from the UUA bookmark, “Ten Good Reasons for Joining a Unitarian Universalist Congregation”
“We came to Countryside to support our families, grieve our losses, celebrate our joys and serve others. Now we help Countryside for the next voyager who walks through the front door.” ~Jim Booth and Jane Matthews, members since the early 1970s