Service Ministry Overview
Do you find fulfillment in helping others find justice?
Are you committed to making life better for others?
Do you feel called to improve the environment?
Check out the programs of the SERVICE Ministry!
Countryside’s covenant includes our aspiration as a congregation to unite… to promote human dignity… through service. The Service Ministry is the home for committees and groups who are dedicated to living our UU values, through support of our members and through action beyond our four walls. There are opportunities to engage in congregational projects, programs, and events that support the life of our congregation. We also actively seek to reach beyond the walls of Countryside through work in the areas of human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice.
It is the vision of the Service Ministry that every member of Countryside Church will engage in meaningful service projects or activities, both within the church and reaching outside our four walls.
Staff Lead: Rev. Hilary Krivchenia
Service Ministry Coordinators: Tom Curtis and Maryanne O’Dowd, Service@ccuu.org
The committees and programs that are part of Service Ministry include:
• Social Action (Yvette Johnson & Maryanne O’Dowd)
• Faith in Action/RE Social Action (Jules Jaramillo)
• Green Sanctuary (Judy Ball, Mark Krivchenia)
• Living the Welcoming Congregation (Tracy Boland, Jeanie Michalec, Dan Yokas)
• Lay and Care Ministry (Ken Bobbe)
• Outreach Steering Committee (Mike Graves)
• Fair Trade Coffee Sundays (Yvette Johnson, Lisa & Kevin Christensen)
• UbuntU (Melanie Schikore)
• Countryside Animal Friends